As stated on our front page here at St Anne’s we take seriously the well being of every person in our church community as we value each person equally. This commitment is part of the way we express that we can be confident and compassionate in our faith. As such we take the Safeguarding of all our members very seriously, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults. Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of all in God’s own image and likeness. This implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
Also further information about safe safe guarding can be found here; https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2017-12/PromotingSaferChurchWeb.pdf
You can also contact the Diocesan Safeguarding team athttps://www.london.anglican.org/directory/safeguarding-team/ and childline on 08001111 24 hours a day.
The Parish of St Anne with Holy Trinity Brondesbury
SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT
The following policy was reviewed and agreed at the Parochial Church Council (PCC) meeting held in May 2023.
In accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ (2017) and ‘Protecting All God’s Children’ 4th edition (2010) and the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy ‘Promoting a Safer Diocese’ (2018) our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Church Safeguarding Officer (CSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Dame Alice Hudson as the Church Safeguarding Officer and the post of Children’s Champion is currently vacant. (See photo’s below)
Incumbent:_ The Rev’d Christine Cargill
Churchwardens: Simon Judge, Richard Brindley, Rhona Christie, Alice Hudson.
Date: 30th April 2023
Copies of “Safeguarding in the Diocese of London” and parish guidelines and procedures are held by Admin Office and the Vicar.
They are also available on the St Anne’s and St Andrew’s website.
The PCC shall review this policy annually. The next review will take place at the first PCC meeting following the APCM to be held in March/April 2024
These policies have been agreed in accordance with
and in accordance with The-Parish-Safeguarding-Handbook